I received a large bag of little girls’ clothes last weekend. I rummaged through, taking a few items that I thought would be suitable for Elora. One item was a little sundress. It was sewn out of very pretty fabric, in a pillow case dress style, but the straps and binding were so frayed that it would not be able to be worn.
I decided to chop the top part off the dress and sew the bottom part into a new skirt for Elora. It only took a few minutes to add the elastic casing. I used some of the top of the dress to appliqué a t-shirt so she has a matching set, with some covered buttons for her hair.