It has been an age since I wrote last. I think the treatments really got the better of me and I had to narrow down my priorities a bit. Blogging kind of went on the back burner.
So here we are in a new year already! This New Year’s Eve we celebrated a decade since moving down to our piece of green, lumpy land in southern Tassie. So much has happened in those ten years. I can safely say our thirties were eventful! We are hoping that our forties will be a lot less… horrible. I won’t lie – there have been some brilliant times as well, and I am ever grateful to be married to such an awesome man.
I have a few New Years resolutions that I’d like to share with you, as I usually do. So here goes:
- Blogging weekly. Yep. I’d like to write a post each week! I have some ideas of things to write about. The main thing I want to do is write write write. So that is a plan. I’m most likely to write on weekends. Stay tuned!
- Reading more. If I can, I want to read a book each week. I’ll be listing the books I read in my journal, and I’d like to write book reviews on my blog too.
- More adventures! Including travelling, and being a tourist in our own state.
- Get fit again! My fitness declined and my weight inclined somewhat during cancer treatments. I was just too tired to exercise; and I ate and drank my emotions. This year I want to lose at least 5 kilos and tone right up. I have an exercise regime in mind, which I might share on here sometime.
- I want to create an exciting outdoor space for our children. Finishing the cubby house, building a mud kitchen and a fairy/dinosaur garden are on the top of my list.
- Gardening! Growing more fruit trees, expanding our back and front gardens and growing more stuff – flowery shrubs and edible plants will be my focus.
- Slightly out of our complete control, we want to get the extension done this year. Plans are currently with the engineer. It’ll be great to have the new space.
- Finally, I want to create more. Especially with my sewing, which I want to turn into a little business. More on that later.
So there you go. 2018, you better be a good one. I’m returning to work; it’s Sarah’s last year at home before kinder; and I have a feeling our family will have a fair bit of adventure together. I’m going to concentrate on our blessings.
Happy new year from our bunch to yours xo
You have some fun and exciting New Years Resolutions. Here’s to 2018!
Comments are closed.