I talked about our intention to update our study nook a while ago. We are still in the planning and development stage, just trying to work out what would suit our family and lifestyle the best.
For now, I thought I would share with you what happens when I decide to sit at my desk to do something, whether it be sewing, drawing, working or writing:
Yep! That’s my two daughters joining me in some art journalling time. We had a great time together, albeit a bit too cramped for my liking, and Elora kept needing help with textas and glue etc, so I did not get much of my own stuff done.
We are getting into more serious renovations/extension discussions. Before we make the final decision on the study nook, we really need to think about the bigger picture, as well as our family’s needs, both now and in the future. This kind of thinking makes me get a bit dizzy and cross-eyed!
Some things we need to consider are:
– the layout of the hallway/bathroom/kitchen area (ie we are talking about changing it)
– whether our children would prefer studying in their rooms when they are older
– do we really need a desk for computers when we mostly use laptops and iPads?
– I need plenty of storage space for my supplies
– I need a big table and lots of light
– we could incorporate a study area in the extension
Right now I feel like I would prefer a big cupboard over a workspace in the hall, but what I would really like is a room just for me. Well, we can dream, can’t we?