People have asked me what I have been doing to lose weight. My response is pretty standard. There are no secrets. I’m just trying to eat less. I haven’t even exercised that much (that’s changing now though!). It’s just in what I consume.
I’ll go into more detail about my diet throughout the course of the year – it’s one thing I wish I did when I lost 21 kilos back in 2011. However, today I just want to share one of my favourite diet recipes with you. I usually make a big pot of soup on weekends and it serves as my dinner over a couple of evenings.
Curry carrot soup
Makes 12 cups – Approx 64 calories per cup
- 2 small onions
- 1 Tbs minced garlic (or fresh, to taste)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1.6 kilo carrots
- 4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2L water
- Sautée onions and garlic in oil. If you want to be healthier, use water instead of oil!
- Add curry power and cook until fragrant
- Add sliced carrots, stick powder and water.
- Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for an hour or so – until the vegetables are tender. Leave the lid off so the water can evaporate a bit.
- Allow the soup to cool, then blitz it in your blender or with a stab blender.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Soup is so good! A huge part of my diet is soup.
Enjoy this one x